History of the IEICE:
1917 Established as Telegraph and Telephone Society
1927 Telegraph and Telephone Society (established)
1937 Name changed to The Institute of Electrical Communication
1967 Changed name to The Institute of Electronics and Communication Engineers
1987 Name changed to Institute of Electronics, Information and Communication Engineers
1995 Introduced Society System. Established by 4 societies and 1 group.
2012 The Institute of Electronics, Information and Communication Engineers (incorporated)
In 2014, the NOLTA Society was established as the fifth society.
2017 100th anniversary
1836 Telegraph (Morse)
1876 Telephone (Bell)
1895 Wireless communication (Marconi)
1945 Computer (Neumann)
1948 Transistor (Shockley)
1995 Commercial Internet
Sharing next innovation
To transmit own opinions
Transmitting cutting-edge technology information to solve social issues and open up new fields.
Organization and Role Assignment on June 2019
Update on the key personnel for IEICE Malaysian Section are:
- Honorable advisor: Prof. Dr. Swee-Huay Heng, Multimedia University (MMU)
- Representative: Dr. A.S.M. Mukter-Uz-Zaman, MMU
- Board Member for Conference : Prof. Dr. Nowshad Amin, Universiti Tenaga Nasional (UNITEN)
- Board Member for Public Relations: Ms. Nisha Kumari Debraj, (MMU)
Past Organization and Role Assignment (2015- May 2019)
The key personnel appointed for IEICE Malaysia Section are:
- Representative: Prof. Dr. Swee-Huay Heng, Multimedia University (MMU)
- Deputy Representative: Dr. A.S.M. Mukter-Uz-Zaman, MMU
- Board Member for Conference : Prof. Dr. Nowshad Amin, Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM)
- Board Member for Finance: Ir. Dr. Rosdiadee Nordin, UKM
- Board Member for Public Relations: Mr. Wong Wei Wen, Cypress Semiconductor
- The updated assignment of Representative was effective from June 2019.
- The establishment of IEICE Malaysia Section was approved by IEICE International Affairs Committee on January 16, 2015.
- The authorization of IEICE Malaysia Section in IEICE Board meeting was on February 16, 2015.